Free for sale: At the moment I have only 2 copies.
HAPPY NEWS !
- My book 'After the Firebird' has been included into the longlist of the ''Unveil'd Photobook Award 2017''
- My book ''After the Fierbird'' has been enlisted in the list of recommended books ''Photobooks of 2017: Eva-Maria Kunz''
- I am happy to participated in Exhibition at The Kitab - India's First Photobook Festival (21st-23rd September 2018)
- I am happy to participated at the exhibition “Here I live” which takes place in the Hermitage (General Staff Building, St. Petersburg, Russia) from 8 to 17 November, kurator Daniel Mayrit
- I am glad to share my recent interview in the framework of a book festival, where my two books (''After the Firebird'' and ''Shipwrecked'') have participated.
The nature-mystical book is the result of a 7-year project in Pskov region (Russia).
''After the Firebird'' talks about the mystery and magic of the hidden world and the amazing discoveries that can occur in front of every body. You need only to look around carefully.
The story has been published partially at: Critical Mess, Wobned Magazine, Art Narratives, Dodho Magazine, C41 Magzine, Edge of Humanity Magazine, F-Stop issue Wonderfull, WorkshopX, Fotografia magazine, Private, Saint Lucy, Phosmag magazine, Tonelit and LensCulture.
To order the book please contact me: email@example.com or paypal.me/vasilyevabook
Price: 47,50 Euros (including shipping)
Germany: Cafe Lehtmitz Photobooks sold out
Japan: Flotsam Books
UK: Beyond Words
The Netherland: PhotoQ Bookshop
My story begins a long time ago when my grandparents, both from the Pskov region (Russia), met in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg),
got married and stayed there for the rest of their lives. Yet it could have turned out very differently, had I, now a modern city dweller, been born among those flowering fields and hard-working people.
In his village, my grandfather used to be called a gypsy because he could predict the approaching of someone's death. As for his own life, he always knew that he would survive two wars without injury. And so it happened. My grandmother, he said, would outlive him by exactly ten years. This prediction also came true.
Over the last six years that I have been documenting people from the small village of Andrushino in the Pskov region, I have been subconsciously looking for covert and overt manifestations of magic, for occurrences that unsettle the rational picture of the world most of us take for granted today.
Immersed in the fabulous world of folklore, I realised that local people’s beliefs and superstitions, charms and rituals,
and fables are not just a warehouse of archetypes of the collective unconscious, but an immediate response of the collective
soul to the mysterious currents of the natural elements.
The book data:
Press realise 23.08.2017
Designer Ekaterina Vasilyeva
Limited edition of 85 copies (numbered and signed)
Size: 24 cm x 32 cm
48 pages + 1
37 color illustrations
1 Firebird for the Incantation
Inside paper: Materica Gesso 120 gr
Cover paper: Materica Gesso 250 gr
Languages: English, Russian
Self published and printed in St. Petersburg (Print Gallery) in 2017
Book fair: Unseen Book Market 2017 (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Polycopies 2017 (Paris, France), Polycopies 2018 (Paris, France)
Book exhibition: VOLUMES Independent Art Publishing Fair 2018 ( Zurich, Switzerland)
Information about the book has been published in: